Sunday, June 18, 2023

Chapter 3.7 - December 2022 – A clean ending



Oliver Freddys notes:

As usual we were both anxious about our exam results, I mean, you never know. I know about instances where students thought they did really good, but only got a mediocre result at the end of the semester. So though I was hoping for the best, a part of me also feared for the worst.. That grade paper is always nerve wrecking to open!



Inges notes:

As I opened my envelope with the exam results, I could already hear Olivers cheer from the other side of our bed, so atleast one of us did good. Well, I had a good feeling about it too, I was pretty sure.. I felt like I had surpassed myself this semester, and I was just so lucky to even get to use what I learnt from the cooking channel on our exam! I still kept my expectations low to take the worst sting of the disappointment in case things didn't go as well...



..but my worst fears proved once again to be wrong, I really did surpass myself this semester! For the first time ever, I actually got an A on something! World, I'm telling you, I'm not a loser! This christmas was going to be good, for sure!



I was so happy about our results, I just had to give my Olli a big smooch! Right then and there I felt like we could conquer the world with our combined efforts of art and science! I haven't felt this confident since...well actually, I have never felt this confident, period!



Before going back home to our families to celebrate christmas, I had to finish my summer painting. I'm not sure what Oliver Freddy was up to, but I could hear him tinkering with the stereo out in the halllway..



Oliver Freddys notes:

Even though we had both done really great and the holidays was soon upon us, there was no time to rest on our laurels! Inge immediately went to finish her painting, and I didn't want to be any worse, so I thought I would have a look at that stereo just outside our room. If I was going to figure out how to crossbreed robots and creatures, I would have to start somewhere.. so I decided to open it first, to see how it worked from the inside, and possibly look for ways to improve it..



Inges notes:

I finished my painting with good margin before going home, and I estimated it to have a value of 259 simoleons, but I didn't want to sell it. I named it "Lakeside summer 2022" for now, and decided to hang it on the wall to keep it as a memory. After all, I'm not really in it for the money....



Then I thought it was time to kill a little bit of time to do some cleaning. As I walked around collecting clothes, I had to stop by another picture in Jonathan and Yukis room.. its use of colours, and it's composition was nothing special to me, and it was just a cheap replica anyway, but I still got a feeling there was something odd about that painting... I just couldn't pinpoint what it was... it gave me a strange and slightly uncomfortable feeling..



Anyway, I picked up the remaining clothes and headed over to the Findeisen laundromat to do the cleaning. For some reason, we have a tumble drier at our dorm, but no washing machine...



I don't know who bought the tumble drier, but for me both a tumble drier and a washing machine is competely uneccessary to have, when there is a laundromat just nearby! I think its better for the environment too, to not have machines like that in every home and household when it isn't absolutely neccessary!



As I was doing the laundry, the date I had with Olli just yesterday kept creeping into my mind. It certainly didn't go as I had hoped! Well, I was able to give it some thought, and though I was never mad, just disappointed, I was able to forgive him. I want to give it another shot, but maybe next time we should go somewhere other than the swimming pool..



While I was waiting for the laundry machine to finish, this guy called Ronnie Blackstone came over and introduced himself to me, and asked me to go outside to throw some frisbee. Didn't sound like the best idea to go out in the cold, I told him, as his clothes were dripping wet as he had been silly enough to put them on straight from the washing machine..
    A clear sign that he is a freshman on his first time away from home! Well, anyway, we did have an interesting conversation about the use of art in arcade games.. until he tried to hug me, which I didn't want at all!



Things got a little sour then as I told him to lay it off and that I should probably get my laundry, because I could here the laundry machine beeping in the back...



I did what one is supposed to do, to put the laundy into the tumble drier, before sitting down on the couch to read a book called "Magnetic Attraction" and keeping my distance from Ronnie as I waited for the clothes to dry.. I wasn't feeling any magnetism there.. about him that is. The book was interesting enough.



As I left the laundromat, the sun had already begun to set, and coloured everything in a pinkish orange hue. There was definately a beauty to every season, and I immediately knew I had to start painting these colours! I did my best to capture the image in my mind and I couldn't wait to use the brush again to get it out on canvas!





Oliver Freddys notes:


Shortly before leaving, I got a party invitation from Debbie Richards. She wanted to throw a party, not so covertly implying that it was to celebrate that she had just paired up with Brendan Kavanaugh and that she finally wasn't living alone since the passing of her husband.. I was happy for her, but unfortunately, I had to turn the invitation down, because we were just leaving to go back for christmas this evening!





After I finished packing my suitcase and Inge was upstairs painting, there wasn't much for me to do, but try to kill some time by riling up people on various internet forums. I love reading their replies and watching them get their panties in a bunch... Sometimes I can't believe they take what I say literally, because to me its just so far out!



Inges notes:



I actually got pretty far on my painting, before the car honked outside and it was time for us to leave, much farther than I expected, which is good. That's going to make it easier for me to continue when we get back after christmas.



When it was time, everyone had as usual gathered outside to watch us off., but the enthusiasm was varied. Skip made sure to stand with his back against me the whole time. I suspect he was only dragged out by the others, as he didn't want to face me at all....
    I suppose he was still offended after I had turned down his advances for romance earlier... and Jonathan found it best to keep a safe distance now that Oliver was around...



The only ones waving us off was Ayana and Daniel, but anyway, I made sure to say goodbye to them all, as best as I could, before the driver became impatient and we had to get in...



Bye bye again university! It's been another great semester, see you again next year!

Previous |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 6.1 - January 2024 - The nerd, the loser and thank you for the fish...

After another long drive Oliver Freddy and Inge return again to the lake in the mountains to the old familiar De Anda Hall.. and i...